A combination of material, shape, and lay up are used to engineer the desired stiffness of different parts of the frame. For the R2 we optimized the stiffness of the head tube, for stable and predictable handling, and the stiffness of the bottom bracket, so that more of your power goes into turning the rear wheel.
- 12% stiffer at the head tube compared with the previous generation R2
- 10% increase in fork lateral stiffness compared with the previous generation R2
- 5% stiffer at the bottom bracket compared with the previous generation R2
- FORK: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered R2 Fork
- HEADSET: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2
- WHEELS: Shimano RS100
- TIRES: Continental Grand Sport Race SL 25c
- CRANKSET: Shimano RS510 50/34
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Cervelo BBright Connect 24x90
- CHAIN:Shimano CN-HG601, 11 speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR:Shimano 105 R7000, 11 spd
- REAR DERAILLEUR:Shimano 105 R7000, 11 spd
- CASSETTE:Shimano 105 R7000, 11 spd, 11-30
- SHIFTERS:Shimano 105 R7000, 11 spd
- HANDLEBAR:Cervelo Performance Alloy Compact
- STEM:Cervelo Performance Alloy
- BRAKE CALIPER:Shimano 105 R7000
- SADDLE:Cervelo Comfort Race
- SEATPOST:Cervelo Performance Alloy
Challenge and glory come in many forms: conquering a hard climb, flying down a switchbacking descent, simply pedaling in the fresh air. Whatever form it takes for you, the R2 will be a willing companion, offering high performance and excellent value.
The R2 reaps the benefits of Cervélo's extensive knowledge in building stiff bikes. Careful attention is paid to stiffness at the bottom bracket and head tube to create a climbing and descending weapon. You'll feel its rapid acceleration and confidence-boosting handling.
Our engineers tried dozens of different designs and conducted hours of testing in creating the R2. The sum of this effort is a light and stiff bike that revels on steep climbs and descents and offers aero advantages when you're in the pace line.
The R2 is upgradable to any shifting system currently on the market. You can run tires up to 28mm wide, for a smoother ride. And the chain catcher will ensure you won't drop your chain at an inopportune time - like when your friend launches a surprise attack up the hill.