Challenge and glory come in many forms: conquering a hard climb, flying down a switchbacking descent, simply pedaling in the fresh air. Whatever form it takes for you, the R2 will be a willing companion, offering high performance and excellent value.
Ideal For: Group rides / Hill climbs
The R2 reaps the benefits of Cervélo's extensive knowledge in building stiff bikes. Careful attention is paid to stiffness at the bottom bracket and head tube to create a climbing and descending weapon. You'll feel its rapid acceleration and confidence-boosting handling.
Our engineers tried dozens of different designs and conducted hours of testing in creating the R2. The sum of this effort is a light and stiff bike that revels on steep climbs and descents and offers aero advantages when you're in the pace line.
BUILT FOR YOU
The R2 is upgradable to any shifting system currently on the market. You can run tires up to 28mm wide, for a smoother ride. And the chain catcher will ensure you won't drop your chain at an inopportune time - like when your friend launches a surprise attack up the hill.
NO WASTED EFFORT
A combination of material, shape, and lay up are used to engineer the desired stiffness of different parts of the frame. For the R2 we optimized the stiffness of the head tube, for stable and predictable handling, and the stiffness of the bottom bracket, so that more of your power goes into turning the rear wheel.
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.
|Riviera White/White / 48||0E0R2E111A48||180195|
|Riviera White/White / 51||0E0R2E111A51||178561|
|Riviera White/White / 54||0E0R2E111A54||178563|
|Riviera White/White / 56||0E0R2E111A56||178565|
|Riviera White/White / 58||0E0R2E111A58||178567|